[time-nuts] RPi/ beagle bone-like computer without video

folkert folkert at vanheusden.com
Fri Dec 2 13:31:33 UTC 2016

> >If you really need Linux and it needs to be small and low cost and low
> >power, then look at the "Pi Zero".  It is a very small Pi that sells for
> >only $5.   It has video but just don't plug in the cable.
> >

> The Pizero and Pi A are about the same power: 400 mW with Wifi off, idle;

I'm measuring 0.350A with max cpu usage on all cores and the following
settings:

power off the display
/opt/vc/bin/tvservice -o

switch off the ethernet blinkenlights
llctl f0 l0 d0

Apart from that I read somewhere that the beaglebones have terrible EM
characteristics. But I can't find my source so take it with a grain of
salt :-)

Folkert van Heusden