[time-nuts] buying a time interval counter

Stéphane Rey steph.rey at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jun 29 20:02:27 UTC 2016

I will try to buy one of these SR620. I've some Standford & Research
products like the 535 or the 30 MHz DDS generator. I do admit I'm not
fan of the front panel interface as well but this is ok and usable. The
SR620 would probably be PC controlled anyway to automate some
measurements.
The 10 MHz reference will come from a GPSDO which is broadcasted over
optical fibers. However the optical SFPs have been tested to have 500fs
RMS jitter which mich be pretty high for that.
I've a Thunderbolt GPSDO sleeping in a box that will do the job
otherwise. I plan to buy a Rb oscillator for reference for DTMD method
and design a small circuit for the downmixing.
To be continued.
Thanks for the comments
Stephane