[time-nuts] Measuring coax temperature coefficient with a TICC

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 19 12:40:38 UTC 2017

Particularly if the cable / wire was made in say the last 10 years.   I've seen a LOT of magnetic supposedly 100% pure (oxygen free, of course) copper wire lately.  Much of it branded by companies with a reputation to lose.  It has  gotten so bad, I now check the resistance of all the wire I buy with my HP-3458A.   A couple of local sellers now have me vet all their wire purchases.  I've seen wire with a resistance over 3 times what copper should be.   It's particularly scary to see that in wiring sold for mains wiring.