[time-nuts] What to do with a 5061A/5061B with dead NiCds

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 14:02:41 UTC 2017

Much has been said and I favor the lead acid approach.
My luck with nicad has not been good. I purchased brand new ones for a Tek
TDR 1502 and they did not last that long and as mentioned quite expensive.
I actually have some older nicads that must be 30 years old and they still
hold a charge, have not leaked and are pretty amazing. I believe that like
all things business has figured out how to give them a defined lifetime.
(Short)
The lead acid battery approach offers simplicity.
Wide range of charging approaches that are simple.
Can choose to use a plain old UPS as an example though the efficiency is
not great.
Good luck Skip.
Regards
Paul