[time-nuts] Line Voltage - USA

Jeff AC0C keepwalking188 at ac0c.com
Wed Jan 4 16:42:13 UTC 2017

The electric company in OKC repaired a pole problem at my parents house
there a few years back.  Somehow they managed to hook up the 240 across a
single leg of the 120.  Fried most of the electrical stuff in the house and
caused enough damage to the house to require a complete rewiring.  Parents
lived in a motel for about a month while the work was done.  The insurance
company and the utility were transparent, covering all costs including
replacement with new similar products without issue (other than the
inconvenience).  I think the electric company was especially glad that a
fire did not result and there was no legal action as a result.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie