[time-nuts] Frequency counter questions

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Jun 8 12:42:40 UTC 2017

Hi

The heterodyne approach dates back at least into the 1930’s in general lab use. I’m
sure it dates well before that on an experimental basis. The LM and BC-221 frequency
meters are good examples of it’s use. Adding an “error multiplier” to the setup could
give you a very impressive resolution. Accuracy (or course) still deepened on what
you had as a standard driving the error multiplier.

Bob