[time-nuts] Cheap jitter measurements

Dan Kemppainen dan at irtelemetrics.com
Tue Apr 10 15:56:29 UTC 2018

Hi,

Yes, but isn't generating pulses OUT of a PC with low latency/jitter one
of the difficult issues?

If we (somebody smarter than me...) flip this around and modify a copy
NTP to grab the QueryPerformanceCounter value when it gets a PPS pulse
and log that count, don't we now have a way to compare the high
resolution uncorrected counter to NTP and the external PPS?

Agreed, not trivial. But maybe fun anyway!

Dan