[time-nuts] Trueposition Antenna Location

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Dec 4 00:08:46 UTC 2018

Hi

Let’s back up a bit:

The input to an ADEV calculation is a record of phase (time between wide spaced
edges). Often this is from a PPS output on a device. It could equally well be from
10 MHz edges spaced a count of 10,000,000 edges apart.

The first part of the formula takes the difference between adjacent samples.

The next step puts that difference into a standard deviation calculation.

If you are starting with something else, then you likely are not calculating ADEV.

Bob