[time-nuts] Detecting gravity with optical atomic clocks

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 02:18:25 UTC 2018

What I found interesting was that a pendulum, with a reasonably high Q, could acquire energy
from the seismic disturbance to shift its phase.
Now a 10Kg pendulum would require a significant amount of energy, and it can only
absorb energy of a very narrow bandwidth, which is calculable from its Q.
The energy can be calculated, I think, from the phase shift and the amplitude of the swing.
The total amount of energy over the whole spectrum must have been quite high.
Cheers, Neville Michie