[time-nuts] new WWVB BPSK dev board

gandalfg8 at aol.com gandalfg8 at aol.com
Wed Dec 5 09:15:52 UTC 2018

I feel guilty now:-)
Obviously MSF is strong up here but I was able to receive it from Rugby when I first moved north using a directional LF antenna and was under the impression coverage was still ok throughout the UK, although it seems I was wrong on that.

The French station is TDF transmitted from Allouis on 162KHz.It previously also carried an AM broadcast station, although that was shut down some time ago which simplifies things a bit, and it comes in here at a similar level to MSF as it's much higher power to start with.

Don't rule out Droitwich on 198KHz though, that's rubidium rather than caesium controlled but still very useful as an off air reference.There's a bit of a traceability issue up here due to the use of local repeaters but I still keep a Halcyon PFS1 as a backup and for the built in DDS.
Nigel GM8PZR

Hi Nigel

I moved from Warwickshire to west Sussex  south of the downs 20 years ago
and all was OK But since it moved I have not bean able to use the 60 Khz
reference  I am thinking of setting up a reference to use the one in France
I think it is 192 Khz
And then I can do a frequency difference between the 2
Also Looking for a rabid

Best regards Paul