[time-nuts] new WWVB BPSK dev board

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Dec 5 13:56:56 UTC 2018

Hi Bob,

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 16:43:57 -0500
Bob kb8tq <kb8tq at n1k.org> wrote:

> The one thing the Everest chips do indeed do is demonstrate that initial signal
> acquisition can be done under really awful conditions. Getting the same info off
> of WWVB with AM only …. not so much ….At least not so much with a receiver
> chip that is out on the market.

I have not seen any measurement/demonstration of this property yet.
And my back of the envelope calculations showed that BPSK modulation
shouldn't give any substantial gain. Do you have any references where
I could read up on this aquisition gain?

			Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.
                 -- Miss Matheson, The Diamond Age, Neal Stephenson