[time-nuts] new WWVB BPSK dev board

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 5 14:42:04 UTC 2018

On 12/5/18 6:29 AM, Richard (Rick) Karlquist wrote:
> On 12/4/2018 6:29 PM, Gilles Clement wrote:
>> Hi,
>> In France the carrier frequency is 162khz (Allouis)
>> Phase modulated over one minute.
>> Gilles.
>>

> Interesting:  isn't 162 kHz within the European
> Long Wave Broadcast Band?  Wouldn't there be a
> problem with QRM from these megawatt stations?
> Excuse the naive questions; we don't have longwave
> in the states, so no experience here.

Indeed. I was just tuning around with some of the Kiwi SDRs suggested by
phk.  Front end selectivity or plenty of dynamic range in the ADC would
be important.

I suppose, though, that the integration time is quite long, so from a
"recovering the bits" standpoint, the detection bandwidth can be quite
narrow, and your desired signal might be buried in the grass of the raw
samples.

I also tried to see some 60kHz in the US.. no joy yet.. but I'll load up
the client and see if I can capture some bits.