[time-nuts] WWVB data to play with

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Wed Dec 5 19:40:51 UTC 2018

While everyone's been talking :-) , I recorded some WWVB IQ data for
folks to play with.  You can download it from
http://febo.com/pages/wwvb/

The receiver ran at 48 ksps and was centered on 80 kHz (to allow a 20
kHz IF to move away from 0 Hz crud).  The data was taken in early
afternoon in Dayton, Ohio.  WWVB was easily visible in an FFT.

I used a Red Pitaya driven through a 500 kHz low pass filter by a
Clifton Labs voltage probe antenna with 1 meter vertical whip.  The Red
Pitaya, was loaded with firmware that emulates an HPSDR radio.  I used
Gnuradio with the "HermesNB" source block that Tom McDermott, N5EG, wrote.

There's a ten minute IQ recording that includes the top of the hour at
http://www.febo.com/pages/wwvb.  The file is in Gnuradio binary format,
which is complex data stored with real and imaginary parts interleaved
in successive 32 bit floats

I'm going to continue putzing around and will likely upload additional
samples.  If anyone would like some specific chunk of spectrum, just let
me know.  And if you do anything interesting with the data, please share
it with the list!

John
----