[time-nuts] Project GREAT - Galloping Galileo version

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 8 19:22:44 UTC 2018

On 12/8/18 10:58 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> --------
> In message <65c07521-6efc-f139-0722-a28b4033038e at earthlink.net>, jimlux writes:
>
>> There are folks developing and flying a Deep Space Atomic Clock (DSAC),
>> [..]
>> It will be in LEO, but maybe you can see the variation from the Moon and Sun?
>
> In LEO for testing ?  Otherwise the name seems a bit grandiose ?

You take the ride you get, I suspect. I've not talked with the DSAC
folks in a while.  It might have been a SLS EM-1 originally (to the
moon), but they decided to go with FH, just so they could get a ride.  I
seem to recall way back when that they were going to do a "hosted
payload" on something like Iridium Next or a telecom.  But that might
also have changed.

Rummaging on the web a bit, I find that DSAC is riding on Orbital Test
Bed from General Atomic

maybe it will be in a higher than usual LEO (I saw mention of 720km) or
elliptical?