[time-nuts] Project GREAT - Galloping Galileo version

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 8 23:35:11 UTC 2018

On 12/8/18 11:30 AM, Bob kb8tq wrote:
> Hi
>
> You might be surprised by how well the CSAC does in orbit. There have been a lot of cases
> over the years where a device has done much better once it is away from “poking fingers”
> like pressure and other semi-random stuff ….
>
> Bob

Oh, I'm pretty sure it will do well in a very benign environment - I
joked with the reps that if we could figure out how to vent the
enclosure after on orbit, the whole "getter filling up" issue would go away.

I don't know that I'll be able to measure the performance.  We sort of
added it at the last minute, to be able to demonstrate the ability
measure & calibrate an OCXO without a GPS 1pps, and didn't give a huge
amount of thought to how to do real performance measurement.