[time-nuts] Modern signal generators

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Dec 11 17:40:56 UTC 2018

Hi

I don’t know if it’s expected / surprising / alarming, but a lot of pretty well respected
amateur transceivers have the SiLabs parts buried in the heart of their “synthesizer”
section. Cost (obviously) is an issue in any design. That said, they seem to be “good
enough” that the designers don’t go much further.

Bob