[time-nuts] new op amp for distribution amplifiers

Anders Wallin anders.e.e.wallin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 15:22:13 UTC 2018

Stylish dead-bug! ;)
On my board I increased Rf/Rg to 4k7, to get rid of the gain-peaking.
With 4k7 resistors I see +20 dBc/Hz worse phase-noise with the THS3491
compared to LMH6702 :(  (image attached)
If noise power scales with the resistors then it explains about 4k7/200R =
14 dB, for one amp, and perhaps 17 dB for two amps. Still missing 3dB
somewhere in that reasoning...

John: would you say if one can use the suggested 976R Rf/Rg resistors then
below -160dBc/Hz for a 10MHz carrier is possible for a gain of +2?

At least we can say THS3491 is much more tricky to work with than LMH6702
so far... (?)

Anders
[image: ths2.png]