[time-nuts] Minicircuits SYPD-1

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Dec 19 18:15:59 UTC 2018

Hi

If indeed the only purpose here is to do a phase lock, then this is being *way* over complicated.
There is no need for anything past a simple mixer followed by the loop amplifier. There are always
going to be minor bits to keep RF out of here or there, but they very much depend on exactly
how you are doing things.

The “why” is pretty simple - any TimeNut category source is not going very far when in phase lock.
They will be quiet and there is no modulation to worry about. If you are out past 90 degrees, you
aren’t locked ….

====

The “typical” way to play with the baseband I/Q stuff is to digitize both and then do the math in the CPU …
Yes, that makes a lot of assumptions about the end goal.

Bob