[time-nuts] SiT5155 GNSS/GPS VCTCXO modules

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Dec 19 20:48:01 UTC 2018

Hi

I’m certainly not trying to say that this is a bum part. If the ADEV on similar
SiTime parts *does* apply ( who knows at this point …) it certainly beats a
typical TCXO on ADEV. People most certainly make working GPSDO’s based
on TCXO’s.

The plot shown for the similar parts is not quite as good as the ADEV on the
OCXO’s in the “typical” GPSDO's that we all have been gobbling up and chatting
about here on the list for the last 15 year or so. (yes it has been that long …). There
have been a lot of them and I’m sure a few have better or worse OCXO’s than the
bulk of them. We all seem to love playing with theses GPSDO's to make them even
better than when they left the factory. To some degree, the OCXO is the limit
we bump up against.

What would worry me the most on the plot that the link goes to is the rise past
100 seconds. That’s probably going to be a bit of a struggle to tame …. The result
would be a bit “faster” loop that lets a bit more of the GPS noise through.

Bob