[time-nuts] Some ES100 WWVB BPSK success

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Tue Dec 25 17:13:03 UTC 2018

Tim -- Thanks much for that initial ES100 report. Within a day, universal-solder.ca sold out their initial inventory of these dev boards so I'm expecting a flood of technical reports here on the list.

Graham -- Thanks for your comments on I2C. That will surely help others who get frustrated using optimized I2C libraries.

> So intended for setting the display of a human readable clock face, not
> "time-nuttery" class performance.

That's likely true, but if someone finds that the latency or jitter is systematic and if several of us determine they are consistent, board-to-board and city-to-city, then we can simply apply hard-coded corrections in s/w.

> The 6 pin JST connector will not reliably accept a standard 0.1 inch plug.

Another solution: http://leapsecond.com/pages/es100/pins.htm

/tvb