[time-nuts] question about multi-way measurement

Chris Howard chris at elfpen.com
Wed Dec 26 18:15:30 UTC 2018

Thanks!

No, I don't really have a specific use case.

And your reply is very helpful in my continuing education!

I had wondered how to do something like this.
I always got stuck on how to know which signal came from which clock.
But it came up again in my mind when I was watching a waterfall display
of the FT-8 herd on 80 meters the other day.   FT-8 is an amateur
digital mode which has synchronized transmit times.  So I had
a visual solution of how to resolve times for multiple signals.

Is the statistical benefit of the paper-clock always sqrt(number of clocks)
if the common error modes are accounted for?

What kind of search should I do to find multi-way measurement strategies,
is that the correct terminology?