[time-nuts] question about multi-way measurement

Jerry Hancock jerry at hanler.com
Thu Dec 27 00:21:33 UTC 2018

The other issue is application priority in windows.  Here’s an example.  I have a timer running at .75 seconds in Visual Basic.  To the left is normal priority and to the right I set the application to real time priority in device manager.

I then calculated the time between timer interrupts.  I was having a problem reading my 3457a over GPIB using Visual basic at a consistent rate.  I still can’t figure out why every 4 or 5 reads, the time increases by about .05 seconds.  It’s not in the 3457a, could be in the Keysight VISA code. What I need is a way to read GPIB with an STM32F7 board.

After setting the priority to real time, the standard deviation improved by a factor of 7.  By the way, I thought it was interesting that my PC counts ticks to .1us.

Regards,

Jerry