[time-nuts] HP nixie counters, free!

Gary Chatters gcarlistaa at garychatters.com
Sat Jan 6 01:39:25 UTC 2018

On 01/05/2018 02:41 PM, Bob Albert via time-nuts wrote:
>   Scott, it's a shame to trash those great counters.  I gave away two of them a while back; one is missing a decade counter so I'd be interested in replacing that.  The oven assembly is a great unit as well.  Plug-ins are nice too, especially the one that goes to 500 MHz.

Some of the 5245L's used the 10544 oscillator for frequency reference.
I don't know if that was a later option or what.  But it is probably
worth saving if you have it.

There is an adapter, the HP-10590A, so the plug-ins can be used with the
HP-5345A.  Of course, the 500 MHz one isn't useful, but the 3 GHz or
video amplifier plugins could be used.

Gary

[...]