[time-nuts] TS2100: From regular xtal to OCXO?

Majdi S. Abbas msa at latt.net
Sat Mar 24 07:50:22 UTC 2018

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 06:21:29PM -0700, Bruce Lane wrote:
> Fellow Clock-Tickers,
>
> 	I've got a pair of Symmetricom TS2100's, both of which have the basic
> TTL oscillator module for their reference oscillator. As other owners of
> these units are probably aware, the board is also laid out for a couple
> of different types of OCXO.

	They do have 2 additional footprints, but AFAIK, they never
shipped with anything but the MTI 240.

> 	I've got what I believe are the correct OCXO's coming from an Ebay
> vendor. They match the source voltage (12VDC), the control voltage
> range, and the pinout.
>
> 	My question is, do I need to make any configuration changes to the
> 2100's, in terms of jumpers or anything? Or is it literally a case of
> swap-and-play?

	Yes, and yes, in order to properly set the gain, DAC multiplier,
and enable writes to the EEPROM.

	There are details in the time-nuts archives, or you can read my
writeup here and ignore the GPS bits:

	https://aerographic.tumblr.com/post/139872571444/datumsymmetricom-ts2100-irig-ocxo-heol-n024-gps

	Good luck!

	--msa