[time-nuts] Lars GPSDO

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Apr 6 01:52:22 UTC 2019

Hi

One thing that may well help in terms of internal bias resistors on an OCXO is that
they often are inside the ovenized section of the device. There’s no guarantee of
course.

If you have an effective thermal gain “in the hundreds”, a common 50 ppm/C resistor
set would get down to a fraction of a ppm. Effectively it would be better than almost
anything else you might last up outside the device.

Again - no guarantees …..

The device needs to hit it’s temperature spec at a range of EFC voltages, whatever is
in there does have some constraints on it. So maybe not totally unlikely.

Bob