[time-nuts] TCXO improvement

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 14:40:41 UTC 2019

I am purchasing TCXOs from a reputable supplier and building boards to
install in Ham radios. Every one is indeed different. They also exhibit
hysteresis, sometimes very strong, more than the variation with
temperature. They test in one direction and meet the .25 ppm variation spec
over temp, but if you change the temp in the other direction, it may be .50
ppm offset from what was measured in the other direction. They also drift
with time, several ppm over a year. I also see frequency jumps, likely due
to whatever digital process is used inside the TCXO.

Mark