[time-nuts] Thanks to everyone for the 10544A/10811A info + FE-10A

Walter Shawlee 2 walter2 at sphere.bc.ca
Tue Aug 6 17:40:45 UTC 2019

That was just what I was looking for, and the data links were especially
good,
as searches for 10544A data did not go well.

I also wound up with one 5335A that has a 10811A look-alike, but it is
made by *Piezo*,
and works incredibly well. The long term stability of it is remarkable
compared to all my other 10811A/10544A/B units.

I was quite happy with one rubidium for a bench standard, a hand made
unit I put together using an off-ebay-cell-tower FE5860A. but then I
broke down and bought a portable ball-efratom unit, and paid for a full
cal.  such despair, now I know my little FE5680A is out 0.02Hz
(@10.0Mhz), and I have to try and adjust it serially, I am not looking
forward to that, as the support info is not very helpful, not to mention
the unappy fact I have nothing left with a serial port.

I also have a rack-mounted FEI FE-10A 5Mhz standard I have had for about
12 years.  it has finally drifted 0.06Hz off frequency, and can't be
corrected via the front panel trim. I cannot find a manual anywhere
(only people looking for one).  Does anybody have one to show the
internal adjustments?

many thanks,
walter

--
Walter Shawlee 2
Sphere Research Corp. 3394 Sunnyside Rd.