Gordon Batey gpbatey at wildblue.net
Wed Aug 7 16:52:05 UTC 2019

Greetings,

I have a FE-5060A and found the following item on Tindie very useful to
calibrate the 5060.

https://www.tindie.com/products/nsayer/fe-5680a-gps-discipline-module/?pt=ac
_prod_search

Regards,
Gordon WA4FJC

Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 10:40:45 -0700
From: Walter Shawlee 2 <walter2 at sphere.bc.ca>
To: time-nuts at lists.febo.com
Subject: [time-nuts] Thanks to everyone for the 10544A/10811A info +
	FE-10A

That was just what I was looking for, and the data links were especially
good, as searches for 10544A data did not go well.

I also wound up with one 5335A that has a 10811A look-alike, but it is made
by *Piezo*, and works incredibly well. The long term stability of it is
remarkable compared to all my other 10811A/10544A/B units.

I was quite happy with one rubidium for a bench standard, a hand made unit I
put together using an off-ebay-cell-tower FE5860A. but then I broke down and
bought a portable ball-efratom unit, and paid for a full cal.? such despair,
now I know my little FE5680A is out 0.02Hz (@10.0Mhz), and I have to try and
adjust it serially, I am not looking forward to that, as the support info is
not very helpful, not to mention the unappy fact I have nothing left with a
serial port.

I also have a rack-mounted FEI FE-10A 5Mhz standard I have had for about
12 years.? it has finally drifted 0.06Hz off frequency, and can't be
corrected via the front panel trim. I cannot find a manual anywhere (only
people looking for one).? Does anybody have one to show the internal
adjustments?

many thanks,
walter

--
Walter Shawlee 2
Sphere Research Corp. 3394 Sunnyside Rd.