[time-nuts] Is using TAI in Unix/Linux system clocks working in 2019?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Aug 14 02:40:53 UTC 2019

scs at eskimo.com said:
> There's a path via which NTP or some other external program can set it, but I
> haven't seen an NTP server in the wild that knows how and is configured to do
> so.  (I'd love to be proved wrong on this, though.)

ntpd has an option to read a leap file.  That sets the TAI offset and also
tells the kernel when the next leap will happen if one is scheduled.

  ftp://ftp.nist.gov/pub/time/leap-seconds.list
  https://hpiers.obspm.fr/iers/bul/bulc/ntp/
  https://hpiers.obspm.fr/iers/bul/bulc/ntp/leap-seconds.list

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.