[time-nuts] TAPR TIC Upgrade?

Graham / KE9H ke9h.graham at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 23:31:21 UTC 2019

More likely you would use a Raspberry PI (or similar, like the BeagleBone
Black I use) as a logger, data capture front end, in conjunction with the
TICC.

I find it useful to have a reasonable performance Linux computer with a
network connection, direct IO pins and SPI, I2C, Serial and USB bus that I
can now script in Python or program in C and timestamp anything I choose
with NTP time, and simultaneously capture the TICC data and log it all.

Just plug the USB cable from the TICC into one of the USB ports on the RPI
or BBB and a GPS 1PPS signal into one of the GPIO ports and/or one of the
TICC ports.

I do any post-processing and plotting of the logged data on a desktop
computer, not the little Linux data capture computer.

It is real awkward getting a signal like a 1PPS edge in or out of a desktop
directly.

--- Graham

==