[time-nuts] Keysight N5511A - phase noise measurements down to theoretical-177 dBm/Hz

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri Aug 16 04:07:49 UTC 2019

OMG, you need two PSG's AND a PXI cage with lots of cards.
Another doomsday machine (it replaces the E5505A which I
have a lot of experience with, and THAT was a doomsday
machine for sure.  The blurb calls it the "gold standard".
Right, only when it comes to price).  It even says it is designed
for Power Users at the high-end of the market.
Power Users with deep pockets.

My guess is well into 6 figure$.

(Note:  I am a Keysight retiree).

BTW, I don't know what -177 dBm/Hz has to do with phase noise.
The relevant units are dBc/Hz as any time-nut knows.

Rick