[time-nuts] Fw: OCXO PLL gains?

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Sun Feb 3 16:56:48 UTC 2019

Bert,

That looks like a very nice board. Thanks for posting. Let us know how to obtain one; as board, kit or product.

/tvb

N.B. The original posting was aol / html. It has been reformatted below to work with the time-nuts server.

----- Original Message -----
From: ew
To: time-nuts at lists.febo.com
Cc: j.koegel at bluewin.ch
Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2019 5:26 AM
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] OCXO PLL gains?

There is a need for clean up loops across time-nuts applications. Right now Corby has one to test  clean up for a HP 5065A and a HP 5061B. How ever there is room for improvement.

In my simple mind there may be an answer for most applications and enough brains among time nuts to define and develop a loop. Many of the telecom GPSDO's use frequency to correct for time, FE5680 a candidate even other Rb's depending what you have and try to accomplish. Morion MV89A, HP10811, Austron 1150, FRK, M100, FTS1200, M1000, OSA8600 all candidates for the other side.

I recently did two OCXO boards one based on many time nuts inputs. Did not find some one to pick up the designs and make it available. I than decided to post Gerber files and based on off list questions and comments boards have been made.

I propose something similar. Our experts come up with an answer, I do a board and add it to my next order, projects are waiting to be ordered after the Chinese holiday. As always Corby will along with Juerg get the first boards and once passed Corby's test I will release information. I do make layout mistakes and I do not want mistakes out there. Cause confusion with corrected boards.

I keep looking at Microsemi 4145C datasheet and I am convinced with the time nuts brains out there one could get close. There is a digital loop between an the HP5071A and a OSA8600 and an analog loop between 8600 and a Wenzel Super Low Noise OCXO. Not now, walk before we run, but the brains and parts are out there.

Bert Kehren

Attached a picture of our first board, we now have later versions, one based on Wenzel 600 sec. design and one similar to the dither filter used in the HP GPSDO. We are not experts.