[time-nuts] GPS Weekly Rollover Fail

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Feb 5 23:21:13 UTC 2019

Hi

From what I can see, you can send it a command that puts a new “oldest date”
number into flash. Since it also tracks Glonass and Galileo, that will stretch out the
time before you *need* to do something (like into the next century). They also have
the “no dates before the firmware was issued” check.  There may be other date
checks in there. Those are just what I’ve found so far.

It also is likely that the “new” GPS sats will be flying within 19 years. That will add
more bits to the GPS time fields. Who knows if the “modern” modules already handle
those bits or not ….

Bob