[time-nuts] HP Stories: Battery Chargers, and a fading idolization of HP

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 21:55:44 UTC 2019

Great story and like all things as you get to know them realities sink in.
The great thing is getting past what you thought and appreciating that
things work and have long lives.
Have to say I always enjoyed reading the HP and Tek manuals because as an
outsider you did learn. Granted I normally dug in deep because I end up
with a $25 scope by the pound or other widget for $25.
That said today what are schematics. You don't ever find them anymore nor
technical write ups. Because you are not supposed to fix the gear. Not good
for business. So I end up reverse engineering many things.
Still a good feeling when whatever it is comes back to life.
But back to HP those manual give great insights. I have picked up many
manuals just out of reading interest.
Thanks again Hugh.
Paul
WB8TSL