[time-nuts] HP Stories: Battery Chargers, and a fading idolization of HP

Matha Goram baqwas at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 17:47:40 UTC 2019

Sorry, perhaps off-topic but relevant given the pursuit of mineral
mining globally. In 1968, the U.S. Bureau of Mines had a very accurate
model (pre-econometric, if there is such a thing) of Mica production in
India down to the State level (primarily Bihar - the poorest state in
India). As a college student, I never understood why. A decade or so
later in as a "professional student in another country", it dawned upon
me why this information was relevant.