[time-nuts] Lucent RFTGm-II-XO / Lucent RFTGm-II-Rb / NT BW50AA

Jeff Blaine KeepWalking188 at ac0c.com
Tue Feb 12 02:57:56 UTC 2019

I have these 3 systems operational here and wonder what is the "best" of
the sources?

The local use for the reference is as a time base for test equipment.
Nothing hyper critical in the way of end-use requirements - but after
running the NT GPSDO for a few years and watching the Lucent box collect
dust, I wonder if I have got that backward?

The lucent has a 10 Mhz output on the front panel of the RB but the XO
would need a tiny bit of modification to have 10 Mhz instead of the
current 15 Mhz.

There is a lot of data on http://leapsecond.com/u/sims/gpsdo17/ but I
don't see the RFTG XO on there - which I assume is due to it's native 15
Mhz Fo vs. 10 Mhz for the rest of the field.

Appreciate any advice you may have for a (very) novice 'nut.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com