[time-nuts] NIST time and frequency seminar - 11-14 June in Boulder, CO

Dave Daniel kc0wjn at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 19:14:56 UTC 2019

If you are interested in checking out Boulder while you are there, two hotels to look at are the Boulderado at 13th and Spruce, and the Broker Inn, which is now apparently owned by Rodeway, on 30th St.

Staying at the Boulderado affords close access to the Pearl St. Mall, an old open-air mall (not like the new ones springing up everywhere) with lots of restaurants with outdoor seating, other strange shops and various performers (if you do go there and see a guy named Bongo tying balloons for children, please tell him Dave Daniel said “hi”; I believe he was a physicist in a former life)

I’ve stayed in both hotels, many times (StorageTek used to put employees up in the Broker).

I have no idea what the rates are these days, but one can look them up online. They are probably more expensive than your run-of-the-mill Holiday Inn, but if the difference is not that great, it would be worth staying at one of them.

There is also the historic Stanley hotel in Estes Park of “The Shining” fame (built by the famous Stanley brothers). Estes Park is a bit of a drive from Boulder (but not too bad) and Estes Park is a stone’s throw from Rocky Mountain National Park, another cool place to visit if one is considering things in addition to the NIST conference. When StorageTek used to send me to Colorado for business I used to always tack on a weekend at my expense to visit these sorts of places.

If I still lived there, I’d attend the conference in a heartbeat.

DaveD

Sent from a small flat thingy