[time-nuts] NIST time and frequency seminar - 11-14 June in Boulder, CO

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Feb 18 15:07:53 UTC 2019

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 23:06:36 -0800
"Tom Van Baak" <tvb at LeapSecond.com> wrote:

> > Mother of God, John, what makes this meeting worth the price?
>
> Yes, it sounds high but perhaps not out of line for multi-day professional
> conferences / seminars these days. True, you have to factor in Denver flights
> and Boulder hotels. But when you consider where it's held and who's speaking
> and how long it lasts, it starts to look like something between a bargain and
> a worthy bucket list item. NIST takes T&F seriously; this is not some sort of
> cheap corporate or product marketing show.

I concur! I have not done the NIST T&F seminar, but the EFTS[1] and it
was well worth the money. I learned more about time and frequency
in that week alone than in the many years before, reading books and papers.

If you do not want to spend that amount of money and you cannot get
the student discount (for the EFTS, _any_ student ID is enough, no
matter what kind), The turorials before IFCS and EFTF are usually
condensed versions of the same or similar presentations by the very
same people.

BTW: If a time-nut goes to the NIST T&F seminar, I'd be interested
in the handouts. (Unfortunately, I don't have the time to go myself)

			Attila Kinali

[1] http://efts.eu/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=current:03_registration
use without that foundation.
                 -- Miss Matheson, The Diamond Age, Neal Stephenson