[time-nuts] Bricked Garmin GPS 18x LVC

Anthony Dunne agdunne at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 23 08:41:02 UTC 2019

Hi everyone

I am hoping someone will have some information on how to unbrick a Garmin GPS 18x LVC?

I was trying to rollback the firmware on the unit because I was experiencing similar issues to what is described here:
https://satsignal.eu/ntp/Garmin-GSP18x-LVC-firmware-issue.htm

The unit kept randomly dropping the configuration I set up on it.

I could see no way to rollback the firmware from the current 4.00 to 3.90, so I renamed the 3.90 firmware to make it 4.10 (bad idea I hear you say).

All seemed to go well with it erasing the previous firmware and installing the "new" firmware, but now I think I have bricked the unit as I am getting no response at all.

Is there any way that you know of to reset the unit, perhaps by connecting two pins or something similar?

Thank-you

Anthony
New South Wales
Australia