[time-nuts] Bricked Garmin GPS 18x LVC

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Feb 23 22:23:34 UTC 2019

> If you open it up, then simply connect a load resistor, perhaps in the
> neighborhood of 100 ohms (but definitely not a direct short!) across the
> super cap to drain it faster.

I couldn't open mine up.

I got one into a useless state.  I don't know how I did it, but it wasn't
updating firmware.  Mine recovered after a while, but I don't know how long it
took.  I tossed it on the junk pile because it was useless.  Eventually, I
tried again and it worked.

Note that trying too soon probably charges up the super cap and thus restarts
the clock.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.