[time-nuts] HP Stories: An architectural view of the HP 5060/5061 and awkward oscillator adjustments.

Adrian Godwin artgodwin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 14:07:32 UTC 2019

Just to sneak that back on-topic .. the most recent tant failure I had was
in a KS-24361. It was after the dc-dc converter so it didn't look like a
short to the input - it just increased the current draw. Running off a
cheap laptop supply, which overheated and melted instead of shutting down
or blowing a fuse. It took out the breaker for the whole ring main.

Replacing the tant was the only action necessary for the KS-24361 itself.
No other internal damage.