[time-nuts] Jackson Labs Phase Station

John Miles john at miles.io
Sun Feb 24 22:38:47 UTC 2019

> Hi all,
> I have not found details about the new product of the Jackson Labs, the
> Phase Station.
> The new driver is now added to the  V1.32 Beta version of Timelab.
> It seems to be an alternative of Timepod.
> Can anyone anticipate something?

The PhaseStation 53100A can be thought of as the spiritual successor to the
TimePod 5330A, currently wrapping up development.  It has similar
capabilities as the 5330A (phase noise, AM noise, phase/freq-difference
charts, ADEV and so forth) plus a few additional features including support
for VHF sources through 200 MHz.

Right now the hardware is performing well in 5/10 MHz applications, so I'm
focusing on debugging and general optimization at the higher frequencies.
The V1.32 beta version of TimeLab is mostly for 53100A development support,
but also to support preproduction units for evaluation and testing at
customer sites where its current capabilities (meaning HF measurements) are
useful.

Most TimeLab users won't need to bother upgrading to the V1.32 beta release,
since the only real differences from V1.31 are geared towards 53100A
support.  We'll have more info later as we get closer to production.

-- john
MDLLC/Jackson Labs