[time-nuts] HP Stories: An architectural view of the HP 5060/5061 and awkward oscillator adjustments.

Gerhard Hoffmann dk4xp at arcor.de
Sun Feb 24 22:29:06 UTC 2019

Am 24.02.19 um 14:39 schrieb Richard (Rick) Karlquist:

> yet they got a pass and became SOP.  The R&D lab manager
> at Santa Clara Division famously said "no customer chooses
> HP products because they have great power supplies."

Grrrrrrrr..  My HP16500C has a defective PS and my 4274A RLC bridge

had a major explosion inside. OMG, WHAT A MESS! All that black magic smoke!

I re-caped the bridge, it took me a day on the DIgikey site to find
replacements.

I had to use substantially larger voltages to make them fit mechanically.

But that is a good thing.

cheers, Gerhard