[time-nuts] injection locking crystal oscillator

Thomas S. Knutsen la3pna at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 23:43:25 UTC 2019

Hello.

I have a device that consists of a PLL, that has as its reference a
10MHz crystal.
What I would like to do, is to inject this with 10MHz from a GPSDO,
when that is available, and to use the internal crystal when that is
not available.

Would it be feasible to just connect it to one leg of the crystal
oscillator with a small capacitor, and with that get injection
locking?
The crystal oscillator is on chip, there is a couple capacitors that
allow for frequecy adjustments, other than that, I know nothing about
what is on the chip. The PLL is SP5769.

Br.

Thomas

--
With Best regards, Thomas S. Knutsen.

 Please  avoid sending  me  Word  or  PowerPoint  attachments.