[time-nuts] VHF-UHF Frequency Calibrator

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Fri Jan 4 22:49:39 UTC 2019

Hi:

Made by Control Electronics Co. Inc, Model 121, with Navy Calibration Program stamp.
This is a comb generator with outputs between 50 and 11,000 MHz that uses a 50 MHz crystal as the source.
There's a switch for 50 or 100 Mhz the function of which I don't get.
The 12AT7 dual triode tube used as the oscillator has the crystal connected between the two cathodes, a configuration I
haven't seen before.
The output circuit also seems strange.
Any thoughts or links to documentation?
https://prc68.com/I/VHF-UHFFrequencyCalibrator.shtml

--
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
https://www.PRC68.com
axioms:
1. The extent to which you can fix or improve something will be limited by how well you understand how it works.
2. Everybody, with no exceptions, holds false beliefs.