[time-nuts] Quiet clocks, noisy clocks

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 20:55:13 UTC 2019

Ron
Not sure who it would be but the reason to want to use a 1 pps step is its
easy to clock.
Though the fact that its 2 phase like you have in the pulse makes it
tougher.
The tick is the second. On a multi-step clock how do you phase the second
hand. Visually but complicated through a slew method. Maybe optically but
it gets more complicated. If you have 4 clocks for ham radio it really gets
messy. So the 1 PPS keeps things reasonably aligned with little effort.
Digital clocks remove all this. But I guess I like the analogs.
Regards
Paul