[time-nuts] Quiet clocks, noisy clocks

MLewis mlewis000 at rogers.com
Sun Jan 6 02:52:14 UTC 2019

And somewhere out on the net, instead of "novelty" or "alternate
timebase" clocks, for a "normal" clock someone was putting a DS1302 or a
D1307 into the mini quartz movement.

I'd love to see a DS3231 dropped in for that task.

DS1307 ~5 minutes per month
DS3231 ~few minutes per year, +/-2 ppm, with some reportedly getting
under 1 ppm?

https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/products/digital/real-time-clocks/DS3231.html
o Accuracy �2ppm from 0�C to +40�C
o Register for Aging Trim

Then, can one drop a DS3231 into the "continuous sweep" 16 steps per
second (quiet) movements.