[time-nuts] Quiet clocks, noisy clocks

Graham / KE9H ke9h.graham at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 01:19:04 UTC 2019

>> DS3231 ~few minutes per year, +/-2 ppm, with some reportedly getting
>>  under 1 ppm?

I have a DS3231 on a breakout board with its own coin cell keep-alive
battery on the breakout board. I was messing with it and a BeagleBone about
year ago.  I needed the BeagleBone for the ES100 experiments, so took
both out of the drawer for the first time over Christmas holidays. Linux
on the BBB tells you the last time you logged in. In almost exactly one
year,
since it was last set, it was off 37 seconds. Admittedly in a room in a
residence, so no temperature stress, but it that makes 1.2 ppm per year,
sample size of one..

--- Graham

==