[time-nuts] Short term 10MHz source

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Tue Jan 8 16:00:19 UTC 2019

Hi Scott --

The TICC is a fully-assembled "shield" that mounts on an Arduino Mega
2560 controller.  What you get from TAPR is the shield and Arduino with
firmware loaded.  The TICC talks to a host computer using ASCII on USB.
John Miles' TimeLab software can read data directly from it, or you can
just save the data as a text file with a terminal program.

The firmware is open source and the latest version is on Github
(https://github.com/TAPR/TICC).  The code has been updated from the
version shipped, and you can load new firmware a couple of ways -- there
are instructions at the repository.

And just a note to those interested -- I'm targeting a modest update to
the firmware in the next month or so.  There are a couple of bug fixes,
and one new feature contributed by a 3rd party to improve functioning
with TimeLab.

73,
John
----