[time-nuts] Short term 10MHz source

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Tue Jan 8 18:48:22 UTC 2019

Hi Luciano --

Thanks for posting that.  There's a subtle point about the noise floor
that's forever been on my list of things to investigate: the noise floor
should be lower in timestamp mode than in time interval (A->B) mode.

That's because in timestamp mode there is jitter contribution only from
a single measurement, whereas in time interval mode there is a
measurement from each channel so you have two jitter components.  So a
guess is that the floor should be about sqrt(2) lower in timestamp mode.
  Someday I will test that theory.

John
----